Air Supported Contact (ASC) riveting machines
for high quality connections
Increasing technological and design-related requirements are increasingly making automotive interior linings to function modules of various surface materials. This permits door linings to comprise up to ten individual components with up to 100 connection points joining them.
Kiefel developed a pioneering special riveting process for thermoplastics and glass fiber reinforced materials - the Air Supported Contact (ASC) riveting process.
Special properties of ASC riveting
Patented solution from Kiefel
- Targeted energy input through an electric heating cartridge integrated into the riveting die
- The riveting dome is precisely matched to the concerned forming volume of the riveting pin
- Spring-loaded separate hold-down clamps at small intervals around the concerned riveting pin ensure gapless joining of the components
- Gentle and slow riveting by servomotor-driven table travel
- Fast cooling of riveting pin after the riveting process using compressed air produced by a radial compressor at the machine
Optimal results for automotive interior side panels: lasting, dimensionally stable, gap-free and thereby squeak-free connections with high-durability riveting head!